Major changes in the templates needed to know at least a little CSS and HTML. A quick way to modify a template is change the images in the CSS code, for others with the same dimensions. That is the process to change the header of a design, for example.
Additionally, some templates have their own settings instructions and customization, refer to the same download page of your template.
How can I edit the menu of my template?
1. Most templates have a menu that can only be edited from the HTML (Dashboard → Design → Edit HTML or Dashboard → Template → Edit HTML in the new Blogger design). In many cases the code to look for is like:
<li class='current'><a expr:href='data:blog.homepageUrl'>Home</a></li>
<li><a expr:href='data:blog.homepageUrl + "feeds/posts/default"'>Posts RSS</a></li>
<li><a expr:href='data:blog.homepageUrl + "feeds/comments/default"'>Comments RSS</a></li>
There you can edit the expr:href=’…’ code, with your own links: href=’http://mylink…’. Also see the instructions in your template for more information.
2. Some templates include a link list widget or a pages widget to edit the menu directly from the Dashboard.
- For link liks widget: Dashboard → Design → Page Elements. Or Dashboard → Layout in the new Blogger design.
- For pages widget: Posting → Edit pages → New pages. Or Dashboard → Pages → New Page in the new Blogger design.
How to go back from Dynamics Views to standard templates
If you are using the new Blogger templates, called Dynamics Views, you don’t have access to most templates on the web.
To go back from Dynamics Views to standard templates you only need:
- Go to Template designer (Dashboard → Design).
- Click on “Revert to previous template”.
That’s it. Now each time you enter in ‘Design’ section, you will be able to upload custom templates again.
Why the date is displayed as “undefined” or this is not show?
Probably because you don’t choose the right date format. The format should be changed from the panel and usually the correct types are:
1. Dashboard → Settings → Language and formatting → Date Header Format
2. Dashboard → Settings → Language and formatting → Timestamp Format
Read the instructions of your template located on the download page.
How To Install Blogger Template