1. Download the template and unzip the file (you can use a free unzipper software).
2. Go to your blog template section (Dashboard → Template → “Backup / Restore” button).
In the old Blogger design: Dashboard → Design → Edit HTML .
3. Backup your previous template (Download full Template).
In the old Blogger design:
4. Find and upload the xml file of your template.
5. If you see a warning like following:
Click “keep widgets“.
Why I can’t install a template? Blogger gives an error.
There are several possible factors that cause an error Bx-xxxx:
- The code is directly copied, and Blogger did ‘t interpret it.
- Temporarily Blogger is not accepting templates with certain codes or gadgets.
- Remove widgets or gadgets that come with the template downloaded.
- Clear your browser’s cookies.
- Trying to upload the template with a different browser (Opera, Firefox, Chrome).
- No copy and paste the code directly, upload the xml file.
- Wait 24 hours and try again.
How do I log in to my blog without the navbar?
The Blogger navbar is just a plug and provides a shortcut to enter your blog, but you can always log in from Blogger.com.